We focus on the elusive middle ground between tech & life science, and identify and invest in grounded, implementation-focused tech-powered startups that can improve how impactful new treatments are discovered, evaluated, and delivered.
We are interested in solutions that:
- Apply technology to a relevant pharma business problem.
- Have founders with deep domain expertise in tech and pharma.
- Focus on pragmatic implementation (vs tech development).
Some general investment categories we are looking at include:
- Digital biology: target identification, lead generation, imaging.
- Clinical evidence: siteless trials, data fusion, phenotyping.
- Patient engagement: empowerment, education, digital tx.
If any of the above applies to your work, please get in touch!
In 2014 I co-founded Forge, a non-profit that provided startups with funding, mentors, and assistance with clinical pilots. In 2016 Forge merged with Sling Health, a biomedical technology incubator with a national presence (see blog post).
At Emory I created an elective course for medical students on Innovation & Entrepreneurship in Medicine and ran it for two years.
At UCLA I founded and led a chapter of the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering. We were the first organization to provide students with career opportunities in biotechnology and pharma.