I source and diligence startups for Takeda Ventures, Inc. (TVI), an early-stage venture capital firm within Takeda Pharmaceuticals. I work with Senior Partner David Shaywitz, MD, PhD. Previously I interned at TVI.
TVI invests in startups that use data science and technology (DST) to discover, evaluate, or deliver impactful new treatments for patients.
We think compelling startups:
- Solve a relevant pharma problem.
- Are led by founders with expertise in tech and pharma.
- Focus on pragmatic implementation (vs tech development).
Categories of interest include:
- Digital biology: target identification, lead generation, imaging.
- Clinical evidence: siteless trials, data fusion, phenotyping.
- Patient engagement: empowerment, education, digital therapeutics.
If you are a founder, or researcher who wants to translate your work from the lab to the clinic, please get in touch!
Past industry activities
In 2014 I co-founded Forge, a non-profit that provided startups with funding, mentors, and assistance with clinical pilots. In 2016 Forge merged with Sling Health, a biomedical technology incubator with a national presence (see blog post).
At Emory I created an elective course for medical students on Innovation & Entrepreneurship in Medicine and ran it for two years.
At UCLA I founded and led a chapter of the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering. We were the first organization to provide students with career opportunities in biotechnology and pharma.